Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Lie in Wait

I am still awake this evening after a very long day of being with my friend Wendy's 3 girls, spending some time at the mall with my 17 y.o. niece, then going to my sister's to hang out with my 2 super nephews. Noah, my 2.5 y.o. nephew is such a treat. When I first got to my sister's, he was at the pool in full swim attire, waving his hands frantically in the air, "Hey Tickle, come look at me."

As I re-evaluate this day of pure bliss, I am heartbroken. I come home to a wonderful husband and canine, eargerly awaiting my arrival, but our walls remain with the silent sheetrock. No girls squealing loudly as they're being tickled, no boys showing me a "cool new trick", no infants crying to be changed, no teens crying because their hearts are being broken by exboyfriends.

I love my life, don't misunderstand. I know at least 2 of the purposes Christ has planted me here on Earth, in a suburban southern Mississippi town, and am very content with life as a whole.

I live by the concept: True happiness comes by not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

So, I lie in wait, for in my Father's time, the child--a son--my Isaac-- I wait for you. And though, you may present to this world a vivid character in my imagination, I pray for you unconceived unborn.

No comments: