Friday, February 27, 2009

Experiencing Newness

I love "new" things. A new friend, a new haircut, a new pair of shoes....

What i really love is newness of time. The beginning of the new year, a new month, a new week, and for the especially talented--like myself--who seem to bodge things up daily, a new morning!
(even though technically, I don't "do" mornings)

My Father knew when He created me to allow me many opportunities to begin again, because of the mastered ability I have in turning the smallest task into the biggest ordeal. J uses this analogy in football where all you have to do is hike the ball, throw it to the open receiver, and score the TD. I often find myself catching the ball but forgetting to run, thereby getting tackled--by satan--of course.

Luckily for me, my Father's plans are so much bigger than mine and His orchestration of an event--by far--runs marathons around my minuscule comprehensions of an idea.

"Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18

How awesome is my Father, who resides in me daily, that He would continue to guide me.

I am so grateful to emerge from the Bread of Idleness and into a "new thing", one that will take me places I've never been, meet people I never knew, explore options I never thought possible, and create in me a heart for Him I never had.

'Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is His faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion, "says my soul, "Therefore, I hope in Him!" The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks HIM!' Lamentations 3:22-25

READY--
DOWN
SET
HUT HUT!!!

No comments: