I realized this site had an enormous overgrowth of cobwebs and decided it was time to update it a bit!!
I would love to report after 9 months of silence, I had become a wise and humble woman of God, valiant and victorious over sin and the attitude I have with the present condition of my circumstance! However, many of the people who know me well would more than likely turn up their noses in utter disbelief and demand a response for my hypocrisy!
Often times, over the past 9 months, I have found myself eating of the Bread of Idleness. I realize this is not a pleasant place to be, nor one someone of my stature should dwell in for great lengths at a time. But I have remained here by choice, because of unclear direction by the Father. I am guilty of not rushing ahead, not making hasty decisions, and remaining in an area too long because of fear. Not so much as fear for what will happen, but fear of rushing ahead of my Father. I learned this valuable lesson in my early 20s and might I just say, it is not a course I want to repeat, since I aced it with flying colors the first time.
I would like to report that I had led by the example Paul pointed out in his letter to the Corinthians, stating, "that I am able to comfort those who are in a similar fashion, as I have been comforted by my Father." However, as stated above, hypocrisy is uncomplimentary.
The word "idle" means to "lean idle, having no value, use, or significance". The root of the word "idle" means "to burn or shine" either in the sense of "only apparent" or "burned out". "Bread" is "food, especially grain for making it". Another word for idleness is indolence. Indolence means "disliking or avoiding work".
I must admit I have found myself guilty in certain aspects of this partaking, none of which I am earnestly proud of! I have chosen to exclude myself from others, incorporate a feeling of dissatisfaction at work, and hoard myself to the confinement of my home like a hermit. I have chosen to stay on the path of least resistance and thereby, I have become desolate.
UNTIL NOW................
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment